Movies are the reflection of our society, as society is changing, so are the movies. A huge change can be witnesses in the style of movies and their direction. Over dramatic movies are currently out and artistic movies are receiving huge appreciation. Every movie is trying to show the truth of this generation; no matter how bad or good it is. From a critical view to appreciating the efforts of our country’s people, movies are letting us know, where we stand. Here we will talk about some of the most appreciated movies of year 2019. let’s roll.
Without giving a second thought, any Bollywood fanatic can admit that last year Bollywood films set the box office on fire. The year 2019 turned out to be pretty amazing in terms of the box-office collection because of many big releases.
Rich-content based movies like Bala, Super 30, Uri, Kabir Singh, and Bharat, etc; were not only well accepted but even performed exceptionally well as far as box office collection goes.
Not only these, but 2019’s many films have scored so well at the box-office that they earned themselves a position in the top 10 list of highest-grossing Bollywood movies of 2019. And, as you know “Numbers never lie” and they are the accurate parameters to measure how a film performed; we below listed the top 10 highest box office collection movies of 2019 based on that only. So, now let’s know the list of Bollywood movies of 2019 that ruled the box office and the hearts of the people.
- War (474.79 crores): The film surpassed Shahid Kapoor’s Kabir Singh film and becomes the highest-grossing film of the year 2019. It was a hit, especially for its action sequences.
Cast: Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff
- Kabir Singh (379.02 crores): The film was in controversies for a time being as it’s a remake of the Telugu film ‘Arjun Reddy’. Fans went crazy behind the strong role of Kabir Singh in the film and made it the second highest-grossing film of 2019.
Cast: Shahid Kapoor and Kaira Advani
- Uri: The Surgical Strike (342.06 crores): This military action film of the super talent Vicky Kaushal won the hearts of the audiences and ranked itself at the 3rd highest-grossing film of the last year.
Cast: Vicky Kaushal, Mohit Raina and Yami Gautam
- Bharat: (325.58 crores): The film although faced some criticism from the critics but still managed to earn quite well at the box office.
Cast: Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif
- Mission Mangal (290.02 crores): This multi-starer film based on the real-life story makes a good collection with its emotional highs and drama.
Cast: Akshay Kumar, Vidya Balan, Sharman Joshi, Sonakshi Sinha, and Tapsee Pannu
- Housefull 4 (278.78 crores): Same as Housefull earlier parts, Housefull 4 also earned enough at the box-office collection and becomes the part of the list of highest earned top 10 Bollywood collection.
Cast: Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh, Bobby Deol, Kriti Sanon, Pooja Hegde, Kriti Kharbanda, Chunky Pandey, and Rana Daggubati.
- Gully Boy (238.16 crores): Relates to every dreamer of the country, the film manages very well to grab many awards along with scoring quite enough at the box office.
Cast: Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt
- Total Dhamaal (228.27 crores): The Indra Kumar’s multi-starer comedy film also scored good enough to be a part of the list of highest-grossing films of 2019.
Cast: Ajay Devgan, Anil Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit, Arshad Warsi, Riteish Deshmukh, Javed Jaffrey, and Isha Gupta.
- Chhichhore (212.67 crores): Again one more multi-starer film, which was based on the reunion of old friends, grabs enough attention to score well at the box office.
Cast: Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor, Varun Sharma, Tahir Raj Bhasin, Naveen Polishetty, Prateik Babbar Tushar Pandey and Saharsh Kumar Shukla.
- Super 30 (208.93 crores): The film was based on Anand Kumar ‘The Mathematician’ and people loved the role of Hrithik Roshan as the ‘Educator’. That’s why the film manages to score well at the box office collection.
Cast: Hrithik Roshan
So, these were the top 10 movies. We highly recommend you to watch every movie from the list, this will also help you pass your time in this time of global lockdown happening due to Coronavirus outbreak.