With over hundreds of new cases every single day, we can be assured that this pandemic is making its stay longer than usual. COVID-19 has proved to be the biggest ever medical health pandemic situation of this century. It has surpassed the count of plague and other devastating illnesses.
Even though we do not have any vaccination for this disease yet; we do know about prevention. World Health Organization (WHO) and other international health institutes across the globe have time and again stressed in the measures one can take to prevent the Coronavirus from entering your body.
- Wash your hands at regular intervals for at least 20 seconds.
- Use a sanitizer after touching any outside thing.
- Sanitize your home every now and then.
- Keep your immunity strong.
Maintaining your immunity is crucial in helping fight the COVID-19 and also for recovery. People with good immunities have been able to get better sooner and with more positive results.
What to Eat for Better Immunity?
In order to boost your immunity, you can include foods with fiber, calcium and Vitamin-C in your diet. L-Ascorbic Acid or Vitamin C has always proven to be a very good immunity booster for the body. You can find high amounts of Vitamin C in the following food items:
- Tomato and Tomato Juice
- Spinach, cabbage, turnip greens, and other leafy greens
- Sweet and white potatoes
- Oranges and etc.
Consuming green vegetables and Vitamin-C rich fruits would really amp up your immunity. A lot of experts teaching in culinary colleges in Kolkata recommend people to take immunity-boosting supplements if they do not feel like changing their diet too much.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is an excellent immunity and health booster. A lot of people drink ACV with hot water every morning as part of their diet. ACV has innumerable health and skin benefits.
It makes your gut health stronger, prevents heart and liver diseases at an early age and also acts as a bowel regulator. For decades ACV has been the go-to ingredient for people who want to boost their immunity.
Honey- The master Immunity Pack
Some of the vitamins found in honey include ascorbic acid, pantothenic acid, niacin and riboflavin; along with minerals such as calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium and zinc.
Honey is a powerhouse of good vitamins. Consuming honey will prepare your body to fight against radical and harmful bacteria. It will make it a stronger and safer space house.
- Mix one tablespoon of honey in warm water and drink it every morning.
- Squeeze a whole lemon with warm water and honey and drink it every morning in an empty stomach.
- Consume one tablespoon of honey right after waking up.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey with one tablespoon of ACV in lukewarm water.
These are four ways in which you can include honey into your diet.
Immunity Boosting Supplements
Supplements are the easiest and quickest way to receive some health benefits. However, if you are undertaking and medications or have a history of side effects then you must consult a physician before taking any supplements. Additionally, you must not exceed the dosage recommended on the bottle.
Pregnant and immunity sensitive people should be even more careful while taking any kind of supplements.
Here are some supplements you can consider taking to boost your immunity:
- Tulsi Drops
- Omega-3 Capsules
- ACV capsules
- Wheatgrass capsules
Corona and Immunity Build-up
Coronavirus cannot penetrate the body of a person who is built with strong and healthy immunity.
- All kinds of berries, along with foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as beans, flax seeds, and even some nuts can be consumed to strengthen immunity.
- Licorice, turmeric, black cumin and ginger are excellent herbs that naturally build the immunity from within.
Keep yourself hydrated as that helps in flushing out all the toxins and keep your guts clean. Drink at least eight glasses of water each day ensuring your body doesn’t dehydrate.
Stay Safe and Healthy!